Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday Finals - Week of 8/14

A pic of my CVS Trip (Details below!)
My weekly budget for the three of us, including one child in diapers, is $75 per week. This week my total was $76.62, so I was $1.62 over budget... not too bad. I did go to the store more times than my goal of 1 grocery store and 1 drugstore per week. However, I did only go to 1 grocery store...Ha! Ha! I just went a few times to take advantage of the Publix Gas card deal, plus the mystery penny item on Wednesday! Anyway, here's how I did:

  • Publix - 8/13: I paid $18.19 for $57.69 worth of groceries for a savings of 68%!! This included a box of Pampers, a ham, and a Greenwise chicken, along with a few other items!
  • Publix - 8/16: I paid $22.63 for $67.92 worth of groceries for a savings of 67%! This included organic milk, cheese, pancake mix, orange juice, organic frozen veggies, salad, shrimp, raisins, tampons I found on clearance for $1.50 per pack, and much much more!P
  • Publix - 8/17 - I paid $33.07 for $79.35 worth of groceries for a savings of 58%! I know the percentage looks ok, but I was not too happy with this transaction. I didn't go in with a very good plan, and I spent far more than I thought I would. I only wanted to pick up a few items that were on BOGO in order to get the penny item, and somehow I came out spending much more! I was hoping to be way under budget this week, but this transaction killed it! Sad!
  • CVS - 8/19 - I paid $2.73 for $34.05 worth of groceries and personal care items for a savings of 92%. Now, this was one of my best CVS trips ever! I went to a new one. It was really quiet in the sore, and the cashier was very helpful. It looked like there were some executives there, so that may have encouraged them to go the extra mile. They were out of a lot of items, but were willing to substitute for many of them, which was the first I had ever seen! I got a candy bar, bandaids, tampons, diapers, fingernail polish, and bodywash. I used $5 in ECBs from last week, but I got $6 ECBs back, so I think I did pretty good!

My total for the week was $76.62 for $239.01 worth of groceries, for a savings of 64%! Not too shabby! This couponing thing is really amazing! I have never been so stocked on diapers, wipes, tampons, pads, toothpaste, toilet paper, paper towels, and much more, and we are spending less than ever! Amazing! What a blessing! :)

If you have any questions about how I did it, leave a comment below, or check out my favorite websites, which are posted on my sidebar! Hope your week went as well as mine!





No comments:

Post a Comment